Thursday, March 3, 2011

For Such a Time as This

Well, if the almost two years that I have been at my job was all about this day, then it is enough. Working in a lawyer's office is not the epitome of fun for me, it is very stressful and more than once I have asked God, "Why, why here of all places?". I am here because I know this is where God has placed me and that He is growing me for his purpose. Today we had a client and her soon to be ex-husband and his lawyer coming into our office for an informal mediation. There have been some trying times with this client, but I just try to put myself in their shoes and understand the pain and frustration they are dealing with. Anyway, right before the mediation started, the attorney I work for went upstairs to get something and asked me to take some water to our client. As I came down the stairs, I heard "Pray for her", when I got in the office, I could tell she was about to fall apart. I kept getting that nudge a little harder each time of "Pray for her!", I know she is a believer, and I will admit I was thinking what if they see or hear me, but I set her water down, looked at her and said "would you like me to pray with you" and such a look of relief came over her face and she said "yes, please", so I took hold of her hand and knelt down right there beside her chair and I didn't pray in a whisper either. I don't know if anyone saw and I don't care if they did, I feel such joy and peace in my soul right now. I am so thankful that I was obedient and listened to Him! Nothing matters but what we do for Him and His glory!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment